35% tax rebate for foreign productions.
- A million euros spent in the Canary Islands
- Contracting a film producer registered with the Institute of Cinematography and Audiovisual Arts, (ICCA**), who has his / her tax residence in the Canary Islands.
38-40% tax credit per investment in Spanish productions.
- A Canaries Audiovisual Work*** Certificate
- At least 50% of the deduction base must correspond to expenses made in Spain.
* Royal Decree Law 15/2014, 19 December. Law 27/2014, 27 November
** Institute of Cinematography and Audiovisual Arts. Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport. Government of Spain
*** Act 18/2009, 10 February Ordinance 22 May 2015
4% Corporate Income Tax rate
Thanks to the Canary Islands Special Zone (ZEC), audiovisual companies based on the islands can benefit from a reduced Corporate Income Tax rate of 4%. This is due to the islands’ unique economic and tax regime which encourages investment and the establishment of companies.
ANIMATION AND POST PRODUCTION
The Canary Islands are home to the super computers ATLANTE and TEIDE HPC, which are perfect for carrying out animation or special effects projects. There are top class infrastructures, which are ideal for the film industry, as well as for other audiovisual sectors.